Saturday, August 6, 2011

intro to me!





Hello all! (Whoever all of you may be.) This is me.




Yep, you guessed it. I am a cog in a giant machine... well at work I am. Here is a slightly better representation of the coginess that I experience. Its not at all that I am bitter or resentful that I work in a giant, faceless corporation because that is not at all how it is.

I just work there. =)

I love tech stuff, I deal with the general public daily and we don't ever use our names, just ID numbers. Unfortunately I cannot tell you all what I *do* for a living, because its all bound by confidentiality etc etc. I do what I do, we don't go by our names and all of the rules and regulations are lovingly signed by "Mgt". I do have a flesh and blood boss who is in the office with us as well, but the upper "Mgt." is more like the ever elusive quark or atom. Few people have seen them in real life, but there have been grainy black and white pictures of them circulating in the monthly company newsletter. I'm sure "Mgt." are a very nice and wonderful group of people, I just have not had the opportunity to meet them. As a cog, I probably would only see them if I were to be replaced.

Loads of fun stuff goes on at work in the minimally decorated break room and I bet some of that may seep into this blog from time to time. I do have a small stress release from the vicarious trauma at work, I draw. I don't draw particularly WELL, but I draw. As you have seen in the first two pics, they are basic drawings but they get the point across.

Enough about work. I started to blog to vent some steam / pressure by way of goofy drawings that pretty much sum up events or other ridiculous situations that I find myself in. I am not sure how I happen to wander into such silliness as often as I do, but hey, at least you can waste five minutes or so of your workday by looking. Win, win, right?

I also have a small family outside of work that I am very proud of. I was dating a guy (that ended in 2011) and I have a lovely 4 year old son. They are super fun and what I enjoy coming home to at the end of the day. My (ex)boyfriend is more than likely going to be phased out of my drawings, because that ended.  Mu son (Sy) is a total bundle of energy and is very smart. I know that is a momma talking, but really he is smart. He is so sweet and has the BEST big blue eyes in the US of A! I am pretty regular, except I really dig tattoos. I mean really dig them! All of the tattoos that I have are easily hidden ("Mgt." has some sort of legislation about body art / modifications buried deep in the 14 pound employee handbook) but are pretty sweet. Here is a rendering of the fam.

Pay no attention to the guy on the right. He's outta here!!


I hope you enjoy your moments here looking over the blog as it comes together!! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment